- Emphasize on teachers’ role in nation building (including integration and unity), national development and community service.
- Draw the attention of parents, students and the public to the pertinent role of teachers in our Malaysian community.
- Foster the feelings of professional unity and goodwill amongst teachers.
- Enhance the teaching profession and stature in the community.
- Provide opportunities for teachers to further develop their competence through seminars, conferences and other similar meetings organized for Teachers’ Day.
- Assess objectively the role of teachers based on Malaysian landscape and undertake measures that ensure the role will be effective.
When we stride or stroll across the frozen lake,
We place our feet where they have never been.
We walk upon the unwalked. But we are uneasy.
Who is down there but our old teachers?
Water that once could take no human weight-
We were students then- holds up our feet,
And goes on ahead of us for a mile.
Beneath us the teachers, and around us the stillness.
Teacher's Day - MOE
қαvї - கவி